This is an amazing dish. I made it today, and I made several changes to the recipe. Instead of using whole green pepper, I use half red pepper. I use half of the onion, I add some extra flavor to the sauce by adding about one tablespoon of crushed oregano and two small laurel leaves. I add salt to the chicken, to spice up. With chili flakes, it adds a nice touch. This is a good recipe.
I have decided that this is his new favorite. I think that reminds him of the dishes his grandmother made, which he called “macaraoni.” Similar but ground beef instead of chicken, no cheese, and a can of crushed tomatoes with peppers and onions. The gram also seasoned the sauce with garlic powder, basil, oregano, and parsley. For those of you who think the sauce is rather bland and ends with adding spicy sauce, maybe you can add Italian spices or seasonings to your sauce.
I will make this again, but I think I will add more vegetables to “add”. I don’t know if it’s the sauce I use but it feels a little wet. I want this to be thicker. Maybe next time I will bake it. Besides that it’s good, fast and easy. I added some garlic and Italian spices. It would be better with beef or turkey too.
below I give a recipe and some sample images, hope you are inspired.
Unforgettable Pasta Recipes With Chicken
- 4 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 green onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.