all of us already know that Indian vegetarian food is the most flavorful vegetarian dish. The various spices used make it no less delicious with meat-dangingan dishes.
India is one of the countries whose cuisine is well known in various parts of the world. Even if we are traveling abroad, we can find a typical Indian restaurant that serves delicious cuisine. Rich in herbs and spices, it is a distinctive feature in each dish.
below I give one of the recipes and some pictures from Quick Recipes For Vegetarian Indian Food.
This recipe is very good. Obviously it’s not fast dinner, but it’s okay. I succeeded at the weekend and enjoyed the whole process. Will be a great company food. I may retreat chili just a touch the next time I make it.
I added some roasted cauliflower left from the fridge! Served with basmati rice and some fresh minced vegetables from the garden on the side.
Quick Vegetarian Indian FoodVegetarian Indian Food
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom optional
- 1 head cauliflower cut into 2-inch florets
- 16 ounces frozen peas defrosted
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and stir for 15 to 30 seconds. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until soft and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with juice and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Blend coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, turmeric, and cardamom into the sauce in the skillet. Add cauliflower and stir until coated with sauce. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Stir and cover; continue cooking about 4 minutes more. Add green peas and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with steamed rice.