Create quick and easy vegetarian fajitas for lunch or supper. With fillings from spicy tofu to mushroom and beans, there’s a recipe here to suit everyone.
Most of the recipes I researched utilized many of the same spices such as chili powder, black pepper, salt, paprika, garlic and onion powder, sometimes cumin or crushed red pepper and even a bit of sugar. Whisk them all together and store in a tightly sealed jar or container.
Vegan Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 small zucchini julienned
- 2 medium small yellow squash julienned
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 8.75 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper and sugar. To the marinade add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the vegetables and saute until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high for 5 minutes, to brown vegetables.