Deviled eggs are also one of the easiest appetizers we know how to make. Today, we’ll show you the easiest, most basic method for these irresistible treats, with plenty of ideas for making them your own.
The filling for Southern-style basic deviled eggs . These deviled eggs are perfect for potlucks, tailgates, and summer suppers. Now, if you have trouble peeling hard boiled eggs, here’s a trick: Once cool, crack the eggs and place in cold water for 10 minutes, then try peeling them. The peels almost always come off much easier. You can also place the filling into a piping bag for a pretty, swirled finished look.
Simple Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 pinch paprika or to taste
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork in a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, onion, and celery; mix well. Stuff or pipe egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.