Cooked the chicken in the enchilada sauce, just so it gets that nice flavor from the sauce and it’s nice and moist. If you want you could also use roast chicken and make this even easier. But you will love this chicken cooked in the enchilada sauce. It’s amazing.
chicken enchiladas and this casserole is even easier to make than making regular chicken enchiladas because you just layer your ingredients. Even a kid could make this.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 15.5 ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 6 6 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and salsa. Cook, stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken and pinto beans. Fill tortillas with the mixture, roll and place into the prepared baking dish. Spread cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes, or sour cream.