This easy favorite dessert is made with crispy pretzel skin. A slightly salty crust and stuffing and sweet topping make it a special dessert.
If you prefer graham manis crackers, use 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or short bread cakes as a substitute for pretzels and increase sugar from 1/4 to 1/3 cup.
Cherry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 12 ounce container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip®), thawed
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix pretzels, melted butter, and sugar together in a bowl; press into the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to cool completely.
- Stir cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar together in a bowl. Fold whipped topping with the cream cheese mixture until smooth; spread over the cooled pretzel crust. Spread cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer.