These are the BEST Chicken enchiladas! My cuisine of choice anytime I go out is Mexican and this easy enchilada recipe definitely satisfies my inner enchilada lover!
which I am not surprised! My easy homemade enchilada sauce really makes it outstanding, so don’t skip that step! These are so good, I can’t order them out now, because I am always disappointed.
Best Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 12 ounce jar taco sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.
- Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.