Make your own quick and easy Homemade Pumpkin Butter ! Bright flavor notes from apple juice or cider and a touch of fresh lemon as well as sweetened and spiced just right, our pumpkin butter does not disappoint. Don’t wait until fall to make this quick and easy all-season version to enjoy on biscuits, muffins and scones, etc. Recipe includes paleo and vegan options, a variation for Bourbon Pumpkin Butter and 12 ways to enjoy pumpkin butter. Ready in just 15 minutes!
All pumpkin butters are not the same. In fact, I am not really a fan of super thick and very dark pumpkin butters that are too sweet, overly spiced with too much cinnamon and taste a bit overcooked—almost burnt—where the flavor of pumpkin is entirely lost.
Best Vegan Pumpkin Butter
- 1 29 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
#pumpkin recipes healthy easy#pumpkin recipes healthy dinner#pumpkin recipes healthy clean eating#pumpkin recipes healthy oil