- 2 TB butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 TB butter
- 3 TB all purpose flour
- 2 cups half n half
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- pepper to taste
- bacon and shredded cheese for garnish
- In a medium stock pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute garlic and celery until tender. Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over low heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk. Stir until thick and bubbly.
- In batches, pour the soup into a blender and pulse for a few seconds, then puree until smooth.
- Add soup to flour mixture. Season with garlic salt and pepper and stir in cheddar cheese.
- If desired, garnish with more cheese and bacon.
- for your more Information please visit https://lilluna.com/cream-of-broccoli-soup-recipe/